Routine maintenance of your natural gas-fired cooking equipment can save labor, time and money in your operation.
Learn the necessary skills to prevent the common struggles associated with your kitchen equipment, from wear and tear to gas equipment supply concerns. Our experts will show how to keep your equipment running efficiently to limit expensive repairs and extend the life of your equipment.
David Kellett, SoCalGas, commercial service technician, will focus on:
- Learning how to check your hinges, handles, knobs and grates for wear
- Conducting valuable equipment assessments and where to check for problems
- How to determine if gas-fired equipment is maintaining a steady blue flame
- Determining if equipment temperatures are within +/- 5 degrees and how to calibrate certain pieces of cooking equipment
Nicole O'Rourke, Webb Foodservice Design, commissioning director will discuss common mistakes and solutions in facility maintenance procedures.
She will focus on:
- Damages caused by hosing down equipment
- Finding where your water filters are and what happens when filter changes are neglected
- Proper cleaning applications, supplies and equipment operations
David Kellett (SoCalGas) and Nicole O'Rourke
Commissioning Director, Webb Foodservice Design
Nicole has 18 years’ experience working with commercial foodservice operators on selecting equipment to meet their menu and kitchen needs. She is passionate about helping operators get the most out of their equipment through hands-on learning and training. She has assisted numerous clients in developing maintenance plans to keep equipment running efficiently and avoid expensive repairs. Nicole enjoys trainings in the kitchen and the positive affect it has on the staff. Nicole was Senior Food Service Program Advisor at Southern California Gas Company’s Food Service Equipment Center where she demonstrated equipment, executed trainings and events, and ran the operations of the test kitchen.